Updated: Sep 21, 2020
As a mom, a girl mom, I find myself thinking of all the things I want to teach her. What about me do I want her to embody? What should she focus on to become the best version of HER? Raising girls is a special kind of challenge; one that I am still hoping to just “get right.” It requires a certain kind of mindfulness, especially into those teen years that I am so dreading. I could go on for days, but here are 10 things that I want my Everly Sol to learn from her momma.
1. Always feel beautiful! You are beautiful because of your heart and mind (a little fashion doesn’t hurt).
2. Find YOUR passion! There will be people who will not understand you, but follow your heart.
3. It’s ok to be different! Respect the differences in others and appreciate your differences. It’s what makes you unique.
4. Show your feelings and don’t be ashamed of them! The feelings are what you’re made of my dear.
5. Respect everyone; but don’t settle for anything less in return. You deserve everything!
6. You aren’t in competition with other women. We need each other.
7. You teach people around you how to treat you by what you allow.
8. You don’t have to believe in the same things that I believe in, but you do have to believe in something.
9. No matter what you do or where you go, whenever you need me, I’ll be there.
10. Never forget that you have a place in this world. Find your voice, master your crafts and make the world a better place.